Top 7 Marxism Clues
How to identify Marxism in current events
Marxism is a stealth ideology that manifests in ever-changing forms. Originating as classic Marxism, it has since mutated to neo-, cultural, critical, woke and sustainability strains that are equally virulent. Each strain creates more activists to foment revolution that leads to communism. To identify Marxism in all of its guises, look for these features, signs and clues. The more indicators, the higher the likelihood.
1. Abolition of private property. Marxism is a system of centralized political power in which a single-party dictatorship abolishes private property and controls the means of production and the distribution of goods and services. Under the pretense of ending inequality and injustice, Marxists seize others’ possessions. They confiscate all earnings and savings, or impose heavy income and inheritance taxes.
2. Elimination of capitalism & free markets. Marxists intend to replace free enterprise with government ownership of the means of production. The euphemism “worker ownership” in actuality means government ownership. Usually starting with government control of communication and transportation, Marxist regimes eventually place all business, wealth and banks under centrally planned state authority.
3. Imposed redistribution of resources. Equity is the state-enforced redistribution of economic, social and cultural resources, usually under a pretext such as eliminating disparities or achieving equal outcomes. Equality under Marxism refers to the equal requirement of all to work and to be redistributed between town and country, forcibly if necessary, according to the needs of the state. While all people are equal, some are more equal than others. Elites are the masters and workers must do as they’re told.
4. Destroying the nuclear family & other norms. After ruthlessly criticizing all that exists, Marxists plan to overthrow all present conditions, especially the normal, traditional, historical and stable. They aim to abolish morality, religion and the nuclear family; parenting is to be done by the state. Tactics include promotion of sexual promiscuity, prostitution and pornography; sexualization of children; and expansive use of gender identities, pronouns and sexual orientations. The fundamental transformation of human nature is imposed on people by the state. When state control becomes total, totalitarianism results—usually complete with secret police.
5. Repression of freedom & rights. Marxists replace individualism and freedom with group-think, collectivism and conformity. The Marxist doctrine of “repressive tolerance” states that even violence on the Left should be tolerated, but the words and actions of others must be repressed. For those who question politically correct narratives, punishments include warnings, bans, censorship, cancellation, prosecution, forced labor, torture and execution. The efforts to end injustice create extreme injustice.
6. Indoctrination & brainwashing. Propagated via schools, trainings and the media, methods include: A focus on emotions, narratives and “lived experience” instead of evidence-based rational thinking. Creation of new definitions and words. Struggle sessions like Mao’s Red Guards or implicit bias and DEI training. Raising the consciousness of victim group identities (class, race, gender, etc.) to create activists.
7. Ending law enforcement & the rule of law. Marxists support revolution, anarchy and civil war. They denounce the validity of discrete nations, national borders, the U.S. Constitution, law, law enforcement, prisons and the police. They promote global citizenship and worldwide communism, often disguised as stakeholder capitalism; sustainability activism; and environmental, social and governance goals.
Keep a lookout for false fronts. Often, euphemisms or benign-sounding words may camouflage Marxism. Common facades include socialism, collective, the people, transformation, social justice, progressive, democracy and equality; the list expands endlessly. Check for clues in the policy details behind the words. When you know what to look for, you can more easily see Marxism for what it is—a stealth ideology that cloaks itself in acceptable labels. A deceiver in ever-changing disguise.
Thanks for reading 2026! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.